Saturday, February 21, 2015

PROFESSIONAL DRESS CODE


What kind of dressing would you expect from a police officer or a fireman? Their uniforms of course. Similarly,what kind of attire would a person working as an administrative assistant in an office inspire you to think.

Source

Every company has its own policy about dressing, it is advisable that a person tries to find out about it before appearing for an interview. Once you are selected to fill in the position you must follow the guidelines given in the office policy. Businesses today are more relaxed in their dressing styles depending on how much direct contact is maintained with a client. You cannot expect to wear jeans to a board room meeting or if you are working as a cashier in a departmental store working in a three piece suit is a bit overkill. 
Casual Attire



Formal Casual


The dress code can broadly be broken into five styles of dressing, namely Very Casual, Semi Casual, Executive Casual, Traditional Business attire, and the Boardroom attire. As I explained earlier your company policy and job description will decide your dressing, you should try dressing one level up from your job description. This shows your enthusiasm for going forward in your career but going two level up is overdressing.

Source





When you are getting ready for your first foray in the corporate world play by these rules, it will bring you success and land you a job.



Personally, I have experienced that if you are dressed appropriately, it boosts your confidence and gives you an edge over others. During my presentations I dressed up in proper business attire and that helped me look more presentable, people took me seriously and it definitely helped me with my grades. Since then when I go for shopping I have started thinking more in terms of building a business wardrobe whereas before that my style of shopping was more towards casual. 

Source

If you still need help with understanding " How to dress for Success" go to the link below.




No comments:

Post a Comment